6 Reasons to Why I Never Used Drugs( Drug Free Lifestyle)

Drug free lifestyle
Source : Pexel by Ann Shvets


Get to know why drugs are not important in your lifestyle. A drug-free lifestyle is the best life ever that will help you to achieve what you aim for.


I have so much to be grateful for my lifestyle. My life is full of challenges but honestly, I like the step in which I’m in if compared to some of my peers. The main reason why I’m saying this is because of the drug-free lifestyle I chose to live in. In this post, I will share 6 reasons why I never used drugs. Though, it made me lose people I really cared about.

 

I lost people because I said no to drugs. I had friends who were so much indulged and enslaved with drugs. It was so hard to stay away from them because they meant so much to me. You see this situation where I was forced to choose between my drug-free lifestyle and my friends. It was pretty obvious that if I would have chosen to keep my friends then I would be definitely into drugs right now. I took a different turn in which I knew I will lose so much, sometimes we have to make the hard way the easy way because we have no other choice.

 

Let me just give you some of the instances in my life that I came across after I chose to live my life without drugs. I remember I was so much in love with a certain lady. Let me put her name in the brackets. We started to get along and everything seemed so great. The problem is that she was never that open. She wouldn’t say something unless spoken to. I never knew if she was into drugs. She made me fall for her completely. I was in a position to do anything for her. My whole world revolved around her.

 

She started introducing me to her friends when the relationship was at the peak. The more I interacted with her friends the more I knew about her. Some of the things she never told me, I used to hear them from her buddies. It was through them that I knew she was using drugs. I took my measures and approached her. She accepted that she was into drugs. She told me that she was fond of smoking, drinking, and even chewing khat (Miraa). I was traumatized. It’s not that I was shocked by the fact that she was into drugs, but by the fact that she was hooked on them and all that time (Three months) I never realized.

 

I tried to talk to her to quit using drugs and join my club of drug-free lifestyle because it was so hard for me to join her into using drugs, but she never accepted it at all. The main reason that she kept giving me was that she was already addicted to drugs and it was so hard for her to stop using them. I absolutely knew it would be hard for this relationship to go on because I never used drugs. I became crystal clear and told her that I wasn’t comfortable dating such kind of a girl. I really loved her so much, but I had to leave her since she was involved in things that I never liked.

 

Another concern I had that was resulted by choosing my drug-free lifestyle was isolation from my close friends who were into drugs. They started talking about how I used to pretend to be in a different class while we were in the same group. They kept telling me that as long as I lived in the same street I will eventually use drugs. I had very few friends. I took it as a step forward. I lived my life with the few clean people that surrounded me.

 

Here are the six reasons to why I never used drugs;

·       I never had an interest in them.

 

I was raised in a community where the use of drugs was seen as a normal issue. It was considered right for adults and teenagers to use drugs. I used to see my neighbors using drugs just outside their rental rooms as if it was a usual issue to them. They never cared whether the kids who were around used to stare at them or not. So these kids grew up with their minds knowing that using the drug is a part of a lifestyle that they have to adapt to. To be honest, I grew watching kids smoking and drinking alcohol and very few parents warned their kids about that.

 

I on no occasion got interested in using them, I don’t know what made me not to use them while my own father was among the culprits. My drug-free lifestyle never just started when I was a grown, even when I was a kid. I had a neighbor who used to smoke weed. He would call me and asked me if I wanted to smoke too. If I can clearly recall I was 7 years old. I took the weed and smoke a couple of puffs and give him back the weed. It went for several days but I later found myself rejecting it.

 

My dad too used to take to his drinking party. He sometimes offered me a cup of palm alcohol, I drunk a few sips and gave him back his cup. Out of curiosity too, I tasted his alcohol when he came with it at home. The point that I’m trying to bring forth here is that despite all these matters that I did concerning drugs when I was still a kid, I never got interested in using these drugs. I chose to live my life without drugs.

 

When I was seventeen years old I used to see many of my companions using drugs but still, I never had any interest in trying them. They would chew khat and smoke while I was around but it never even triggered the urge of me wanting to try it. This made my escape from this drug monster issue that is killing and destroying many of the young adults.

 

·       I thought so much of who I would become.

 

This is another reason why I never used drugs in my life. I used to think too much. Up to date that is who I’m. I always think too much about my own life. I’m from a humble background. I understand the kind of life we are living in. I’m the firstborn in my family. We are a family of 8 kids including me. It’s pretty sure that if anything happens to my parents I would be the sole provider for my siblings.

 

 This thought never got out of my mind. Using drugs would destroy me, make me irresponsible completely, in which there are my siblings who are looking up to me. I had to be a role model to them. These thoughts clouded my brain and made me think so much of any kind of pleasures that I would choose to involve myself in.

 

I wanted so much to have a different kind of life. A totally different one from which my family is living right now. When I looked at the drugs, they seemed to be great obstacles and hindrances from my goals. This made it so hard for me to use drugs in my life. It is very crucial to think where you are coming from before indulging yourself in something dangerous that would ruin your entire life.

 

·       I loved myself.

 

I loved myself and I still do. Self-love is very important. Self-love is one of the things that enabled me never to use drugs in my life. I watched people suffer from the cause of using drugs. I watched people go crazy just by using drugs. I never wanted this to happen to me. I love myself so much. I have always been thinking the best of myself, a comfortable lifestyle, happy and a simple one.

 

The thought of me harming myself with drugs never crossed my mind at all. Why would I cause problems to my own self? Why should I seek for liver cirrhosis by drinking alcohol? Why should I seek for cancer by smoking? Why should I pursue erectile dysfunction by smoking?….why should I do harm to myself? No! I would never do that.

 

The love I have for myself never gave my thoughts a go-ahead to use drugs. If you love yourself it’s definitely that you will have high self-esteem. This high self-esteem will always develop a positive view of yourself and this will never allow you to use drugs. For people who want to harm themselves, it is pretty obvious that these individuals don’t love themselves or they don’t have anything important to do with their lives.

 

·       I was so much focused on the effects than pleasure.

 

I was aware of the effects that drugs have on someone’s health. The awareness that I got from my own curiosity, by reading books and watching different videos on YouTube (Risk factors for drug abuse)e enlightened me on the harm that drugs can have on anyone’s life. This knowledge was even enhanced when I was selected to be among the peer counselors who were to mentor students in Likoni Ward (high school and primary schools in 2019 by( Hatua Organisation). I got more knowledge as I went for the training for about 10 days and I got a certificate from it.

 

I knew so much about the effects that could be resulted from using drugs as I personally used to teach those students. It was so hard for me to use these drugs because it felt like burying myself alive. Though, I heard so many of the teenagers and adults talking about the pleasures and power that these drugs had on them. Some said that using (weed) bang would make them last longer in bed, some said that using drugs makes them so confident and courageous to outcome any challenges they come across, some also kept on saying that using drugs made them so smart when it came to their social interacting.

 

There is something I would like to put across. Read carefully this point and help anyone who is using drugs for the purposes of self-improvement. Let me talk of the weed issue on the point of lasting longer in bed. It is true that when you use weed you last longer in bed…but you have to be ready for its effects. If you continue using weed for the purpose that it makes you a lion in bed be ready to accept the fact that you will have erectile dysfunction.

 

You will not be able to erect without using weed, will you be doing yourself harm or a benefit? When I looked at the effects that these drugs have on our bodies, I never thought of using them anymore, though there was a time when I was in high school I wanted to use weed for the purpose of sex.

 

·       I wanted to be a simple man with simple hobbies.

 

I have always wanted to be a simple man with a simple lifestyle. In such a kind of life, I never wanted to involve drugs in it. This is another reason which made me live a life without drugs. I wanted people to look at me as the source of their inspiration. I’m not talking about people far away from me, but my siblings first. I wanted them to see the kind of person that is their brother. I never wanted to portray a negative view to them.

 

I wanted them not to have any reason to blame me for their own failure in life. We all know people do have excuses whenever they fail to achieve what they want in their lives. If you want to be a better person then you should avoid making these excuses whenever you fail to get what you want in your life. Find the source of the problem and go forward on solving the issue.

 

I was afraid that using drugs would turn me into someone else. I even ask myself,

“How would I look like if I was using drugs?”

Don’t use drugs and enjoy a healthy and simple lifestyle. You will get to spend every coin you get in a good way. You will always know how to balance every aspect of your life. You will always be healthy. There are so many benefits of being drug-free that I would mention here but unfortunately I’m not talking about benefits. Join my drug-free club lifestyle and thank me later.

 

·       My future never allowed me to be that kind of person.

 

As a kid that I grew up seeing my dad into drugs, I have always wanted my kids to have a different observation. I don’t want to rise, my kids, the way I was raised. I want them to have a different opinion about their father. That is what any responsible person would want in the future for his or her kid. I never used them because I wanted to change my life completely. I want my life to be different from those who are using drugs.

 

I’m taking mechanical engineering (plant option) in college currently. I know that the course I’m talking is quite demanding. I recognize that if I slip a bit and get into the mess of drugs I will lose control of my course. If I will lose control of it then it means I will not achieve what I want in my life, that would have been a great loss In my career life. I don’t want that to happen to me.

 

I’m staying away from every pleasure that will hinder me from reaching where I want to be, that means no drugs are involved in my life.

 

Hey! Listen up. Your future depends on what you will achieve today. Think big of what you want to have in your life. Don’t make these simple and little pleasures make lose control of your life. No one is to be blamed but you. All the decisions lay in your hands. Say NO TO DRUGS and live a simple lifestyle and get the most out of it. Don’t let anyone tell you how to live your life. You are the master and controller of your own destiny.

 You May Like These

Post a Comment

We love comments! We appreciate your queries but to protect from being spammed, all comments will be moderated by our human moderators. Read our full comment policy.

Previous Post Next Post